The city office will be closed Monday, February 20th to observe President’s Day!

Trash pick up will be on normal schedule

Blue Rapids City Council

Blue Rapids City Council will hold their next monthly meeting March 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Community Center.  The public is invited to attend.

Deadline to request additions to the agenda will be accepted no later than 8 a.m. the Wednesday before a council meeting.

Blue Rapids Planning Commission

Blue Rapids Planning Commission will hold their next meeting March 22, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Community Center. The public is invited to attend.

Applications Accepted

Public Works Superintendent

The City of Blue Rapids is accepting applications for Public Works Superintendent.  This employee manages, supervises personnel and performs all aspects of public works related to the management/maintenance of streets, alleys, curbs, gutters; street sweeping, ice and snow control; management of vehicles and equipment; pool, building and grounds facility maintenance; water/wastewater/stormwater infrastructure maintenance, (etc). Applicant should posses or be willing to obtain Water/Wastewater Operator Certifications and a valid Kansas CDL.  High school diploma or GED required. Competitive salary based on experience & qualifications.  Competitive benefits include family health, dental and life insurance, retirement, sick and vacation leave.  For information contact City Clerk, 04 Public Square, Blue Rapids, KS 66411, 785-363-7736.  Applications and resumes will be accepted until February 28, 2017. EOE

Pool Manager, Assistant Manager, & Lifeguards

The City of Blue Rapids is accepting applications for lifeguards, pool manager and assistant manager.  Application Deadline is February 28, 2017. EOE

Summer Mowing / Maintenance Position & Summer Laborer

The City of Blue Rapids is accepting applications for a summer mowing / maintenance position and a summer laborer.  Applicants must be 17 years of age or older.  Application deadline is February 28, 2017. EOE

Employment Application

Blue Rapids T-shirts

Blue Rapids t-shirts are available for purchase at the city office, Yungeberg Drug and Blue Rapids museum.  Cost is $13.  The proceeds of t-shirt sales goes to repay the production costs and for paint to repaint the street signs.  Promote your city with a t-shirt.

On-Line Payments

You can now pay your utility bill and court payment online with a credit card, debit card or electronic check. A service fee will apply.

Pay Online Now!

Vegetation Dump Site

A vegetation dump site is available for Blue Rapids residents only.  Key is available at city office.  Fee:  $1 per load with a $5 key deposit.  Limbs, leaves, garden vegetation only are allowed at this sight.   All other materials must be taken to the county landfill.

Siren Notification

The fire call siren is a steady signal.  A tornado siren is a three minute up and down signal indicating a tornado has been sighted or is likely to form.  No all clear signal is given.

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.  To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1300 Independence Ave., S.W., Stop 9410, Washington, DC, 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800)-877-8339 (TDD) or (866)377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or (800)845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay).  USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.